SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE (Makes 1 Glass)
2 cups packed kale leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
2 ripe kiwis, peeled and quartered
1 cup sweet green grapes (or 1 banana)
Juice of one lime
1 cup filtered water
1) Put grapes in the blender.
2) Add kiwis, kale and water. Blend until smooth.
3) Check consistency and add water as needed.
4) Taste; flavor will vary depending on how sweet the kiwis and grapes are. Adjust accordingly.
5) If too tart, omit the lime juice and add grapes.
6) If too sweet, add lime juice.
Tip: If kiwis are quite sweet, you will get more eye nutrients by using more kiwis and less grapes or bananas.
Tip: If using bananas, using lime juice is essential to reduce oxidation (browning) of the smoothie.
Tip: Enjoy immediately and keep leftovers in individual reusable bottles in the fridge for up to four days. Before drinking leftovers, shake well.
← Eye Safety for the Holidays Digital Eye Strain →