It’s springtime, and that can mean allergies. Are you experiencing red, itchy, watery eyes? Below are 6 tips to mitigate springtime eye allergies.
1. Get an early start. See your eye doctor before allergy symptoms start this year to learn how to reduce your sensitivity to allergens.
2. Try to avoid what’s causing your eye allergies, whenever possible.
3. Don’t rub your eyes if they itch! This will release more histamine and make your eye allergy symptoms worse.
4. Use plenty of artificial tears to wash airborne allergens from your eyes. Ask your eye doctor for the best brands.
5. Cut down your contact lens wear or switch to daily disposable lenses to reduce the build-up of allergens on your lenses.
6. Consider purchasing an air purifier for your home, and purchase an allergen-trapping filter for your furnace.← Can Eye Color Affect Your Vision? Sunglasses FAQ →